This role of Contract Manager is a legal support role, reporting directly to Director. The position is based in Newtown, Powys ( alternatively can be Telford) and will initially cover all world areas except China. Some travel may be required.
- Draft, review and evaluate various contracts in compliance with company policy (including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales/Supply Agreements, Master/Framework Agreements, Service Agreements, Procurement Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Representative Agreements such as Distribution, Agency, Broker Agreements, and review of customer proposed terms and conditions).
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal 'clients' on contractual matters; ensure timely review, approval, variations, extensions and renewals of contracts.
- From time to time assist internal 'clients' within the organisation in their contract negotiations with customers and other third parties.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation, prepare status reports.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to key account managers, sales personnel or other operational staff, including training to employees in contract practices and procedures and other legal compliance training.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by employees with established legal compliance procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Work with Finance Department to coordinate contractual insurance requirements.
- Work with Finance Department to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies; may include 'financial engineering' and understanding/evaluating economic impact of contract terms.
- Work with the Trade Compliance Department to ensure compliance with export control laws and regulations and Group International Trade Compliance policies and work with other Group Legal Department members to provide support on legal compliance related issues to operational staff.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation and to support implementation.
- Assist in drafting and/or revision of and implementation of standard terms and conditions of sale, service and purchase throughout the organisation.
- Support Marketing, Sales and Services Departments to ensure products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions; give guidance and support on issues relating to competition, protection of intellectual property, etc.
- Support the organisation in resolving customer claims, such as coordinating with Business Unit Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Service Departments to draft letters of response to customer claims; assist in drafting Settlement Agreements.
- Occasional internal auditing support in conjunction with the Finance Department.
Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred, in law, business administration or similar fields. Articulate, team-oriented person with business acumen and attention to detail. Minimum of five years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract drafting, review, negotiation, administration and/or management. Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills. Ability to meet objectives within designated time constraints. Strong skills in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Fluency in English; written and spoken German and French would be an advantage.
To apply via email click apply or call 01902 319333