Team Leader Engineering
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Excellent package + benefits
To lead, manage and support a team of software engineers and testers to develop elegant and performant user interfaces that will change the way people interact with their digital content.
You will be passionate about leading a team using the latest client side technologies, keen to learn on the job and you will be self-motivated and proactive. You will deliver a product that is tested, performant, configurable, scalable and maintainable.
- Provide technical leadership and architectural direction for the team.
- Coach and lead the team in the specification, design, implementation and documentation of new features.
- Lead the team’s development and implementation of the best processes and ways of working effectively within the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Proactively identify and implement the best technologies and practices for open device user interface development.
- Work with other development teams, product management, sales and support organizations to secure product delivery and customer projects.
- Report progress, results and problems fully and accurately to stakeholders.
MANDATORY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a technical leadership role, e.g. team leader, scrum master, architect.
- Experience working within an agile development environment and a good understanding of agile principles and practices including BDD, TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Several years development experience at an advanced level including object-oriented and functional programming techniques and tools.
- BSc university degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Development experience for iOS and Android platforms, especially a cross-platform framework.
- Understanding of video streaming technologies including HLS, DASH and digital rights management.
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools including JIRA and Confluence and to version control systems, e.g. Git or Perforce.