Assistant Buyer Food
Job Title: Assistant Buyer ( Food)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: GBPCompetitive plus benefits
This role will be reporting into the Buyer /Category Manager and will be responsible for their own categories and assisting in growing overall Category performance in the Food team.
- To continuously review current Category Performance and the market place. Work with Supplier base to develop an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated demand of the customer base and improve the commercial performance of the Category.
- Management and control of the Supplier base in their Categories to source an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated demand of the customer base and improve the commercial performance of the Category.
- Be involved in Supplier negotiations to maximise profits on Branded and Own Label product ensuring that all suppliers are meeting requirements on margin, marketing support and delivery performance.
- Coordinate Category activity with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Marketing team to maximise the success of promotional activity through accurate sales and product forecasting.
- Work with the Buying Team to develop new and exciting products for the Category.
- Work alongside the E-commerce and CRM / Insight teams to implement programmes using our Rewards for Life and multi-channel delivery.
- Provide information and analysis to assess levels of slow moving & dormant stock and work with the team to clear. Maintain stock at agreed levels for planned activity and to reduce overstocks.
- Experience of Category Management or Buying.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Track record of working independently.
- Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams.
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability to find trends and patterns from reports.
- Experience in using forecasting tools and techniques is preferable, ERP software solution and intermediate user of all Microsoft Office tools including Excel.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient
- Optimistic and open-minded to change
- Customer focussed
- Positive, resourceful and an energetic team worker
- Driven to continuously improve both yourself and your team's performance
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???