Interim Finance Analyst
Interim Financial Analyst, Burton on Trent.
£30,000 to £33,000 + benefits, 9 month fixed term contract
ABPM as experts in financial recruitment are assisting a leading business in the recruitment of an Interim Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will be an experienced analyst who is immediately available to provide cover for a maternity leave.
- Oversee and contribute to the provision of management accounts information and challenge reported variances to ensure robust information is supplied
- Review margin against prior periods and budget to ensure prompt and appropriate reporting is actioned, that clearly articulates the underpinning issues where performance is deviating for expectation
- Manage and ensure the quick resolution of margin measurement and pricing reporting issues as required
- Liaise with finance team and other areas of the business to support the budgeting and forecasting process by providing timely input of margin on trends and underlying performance
- Support the development of margin allocation models at branch and banner / business level
- Experience of working in a similar analytical role with exposure to the management accounting and business analysis.
- Experience of working with large data sets and reconciling multiple data sets from different business systems.
- Experience of working as a Management Accountant, Financial Analyst or Business Analyst.
- Experience in managing processes through a sustained period of change
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce and present financial/statistical data
- Evidence of a proactive approach with stakeholders and provide clear and appropriate communication suitable to the audience and situation
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be providing an expert resource on margin and pricing accounting, reporting and analysis for key stakeholders across the business including Finance Business Partners and Business Leaders. The main purpose of this role is to understand historical margin trends, understand the factors driving margin performance both historically and for future forecasts, monitor and communicate analysis of all elements of margin accounting to assist the business in understanding the performance.