Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Dudley Borough Council to recruit a Procurement Assistant to their team. The role is on a full time, agency contract for a minimum of 3 months which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
The working hours are Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 and with a rate of pay of up to £12, it is an excellent opportunity for someone who is wanting to progress their career in Procurement. Previous candidates have gone on to fulfil a Senior Procurement Officer role following this contract, further demonstrating the opportunities within this post.
The purpose of the role is to offer support to the Senior Procurement Officers in the awarding of contracts to ensure the best value for money arrangements for the council. The post will provide support in all procurement activities including tender preparation, award of contracts and all related processes.
Experience of tendering and related procurement procedures in the Public Sector is required and proven experience of working in a similar procurement environment is essential. We are looking for candidates who can understand and comply with legislations and regulations including Standing Orders & Financial Regulations and ensure probity in all transactions.
Some of your key responsibilities as a Procurement Assistant will be;
- Support the Chief Officer and Senior Procurement Officers in achieving Best Value through the development and delivery of a Corporate Procurement strategy.
- Support the development and monitoring of a set of performance Indicators for use across the Council to monitor the professional, efficient and compliant delivery of procurement.
- Compare offers in a meaningful and accurate way, capturing whole life matters by applying suitable evaluation criteria including social value, quality aspects and levels of service, reliability, references, qualifications, capacity and management.
- Maintain documents and accurate records relating to contractual issues.
- Recognise unusual or irregular circumstances occurring within contracts and report to Senior Procurement Officers.
- Participate in supplier visits to assist with assessment of the capabilities of companies. Arranging for samples of new materials to be provided and evaluated.
This role is highly sought after, so if you would like to apply, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group and apply below.