Class 1 Drivers
Class 1 Drivers
Position: Class 1 Driver
Shift Pattern: Any 5 from 7 days (48 hours per week) 12% Premium for hours between 12:01 to 3:59am
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
We have a number of fantastic opportunities for Class 1 Drivers at our site in Rugby.
As a Class 1 Driver you will be responsible for the efficient transportation and delivery of multi temperature goods to a number of local stores Nationwide.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
- To Carry out multi drop deliveries within time-frames stated by company
- To Collect cages and returns from the customer to return to the out base
- To carry out all special instructions as noted on delivery use of in cab technology/ paperwork for deliveries/returns
- To ensure all documentation is completed as per requirements
- To carry out all vehicle checks as required by law and to report any defects found
- To provide a professional and effective service to the customer
- Complying with local legislative requirements & company Polices and procedures
It is essential that you have a C Licence, Digital Tachograph card and up to date CPC card. In addition to these requirements you'll also have:
- At least 2 years Driving experience
- Experience of multi-drop multi-temperature food is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, anticipate issues and escalate to Manager accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Health and safety awareness
- Knowledge of driving laws and working time regulations
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
So if you are looking for a new challenge and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service then simply apply online, ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application and start your journey to a new career with a great company!
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAIN Employment TypePermanent Full-Time
Business UnitDHL Supply Chain UK Contract TypePermanent (Full-Time)
LocationRugby Working Hours48
Job TypeDrivers & Couriers Shift RequirementDay time only
Career LevelOperatives Relocation OfferedNone
Responsible for Travel RequiredNo Business Travel
Reports toTransport FLM Travel ExtentNone
Target Hire Date24/09/2018 Work Permit RequiredYes
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83178925