Support Worker (Full Time) at Ledbury Acquired Brain Injury Unit
Do you enjoy helping others and making a significant difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including Induction, the Care Certificate and ongoing development and progression.
Our Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones. You will work together with our team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met, and assist service users to access and be part of the local community to pursue their own personal interests.Ideal candidate
The skills you’ll need
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- You will be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for adults with acquired brain injuries and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, taking part in social activities and promoting their independence and dignity.
- Cconfident to assist service users to access the local community and attend events
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet).
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.About the company
Ledbury is an idyllic market town in the heart of rural South Herefordshire, yet it’s only 10 mins away from the M5, with a direct rail link to London. Hereford and Gloucester are only 30 minutes away. Ledbury Care Centre is a unique care hub with a Nursing Home, ABI (Aquired Brain Injury) Unit and ICU (Intermediate Care Unit).
The ABI facility is a 10 bed unit which is nurse led to provide a rehabilitation program for service users aged 18 years old and over who have received an acquired brain injury through direct or organic trauma and require supported living.
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional weeks pay, at the end of a completed year, based on your average pay over the year - and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- The Annual Loyalty Bonus
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Child care vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/83249553