Retail Manager Home - Shrewsbury
Percy Thrower Garden Centre, Shrewsbury
40 Hours per week, Full Time Permanent Position
Following our recent significant expansion, we are actively looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Retail Manager for our Home and Indoor Living Department at our Percy Thrower Garden Centre .
As a Group, Blue Diamond generates more profit per customer than any other garden centre retailer in the 'Home' category and with product ranges including kitchen, bathroom, room fragrance, home accessories, children's, books and cards we are the garden centre industry leader.
As a Home Retail Manger, you can make a real difference from day one as you will have responsibility for driving sales and maximising profits, creating stunning and aspirational visual displays, managing stock levels and motivating and developing your team. Using our profit per customer benchmarking tools you will draw on your commercial acumen and experience to identify potential profit opportunities and to correct any missed opportunities.
To be the ideal candidate you will:
- have experience of working in a fast-paced retail environment
- be able to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of our Home product range
- have a track-record for achieving targets and KPIs
- have a meticulous eye for detail, ensuring that our high retail standards are consistently maintained in terms of product placement, presentation, visual elevation and overall look and feel
- possess good commercial insight with an ability to take performance data and translate into sound retail action points
- have a clear understanding of the needs of our AB1 customers and constantly striving to ensure their expectations are always exceeded
Percy Thrower joined the Blue Diamond Group in August 2018 and we have ambitious plans for this centre with planned investment to develop and improve the retail offering to our customers, this is a unique opportunity to join this centre at the start of an exciting journey!
Blue Diamond Group is the 2nd largest Garden Centre Group, with 30 centres throughout the UK and in the Channel Islands and we are continuously growing. Our centres are widely regarded as some of the best in the country and we have won many retail and restaurant awards. Our extensive refurbishment programme ensures that our centres and restaurants offer style and innovation in an aspirational environment which encourages loyalty and satisfaction from our customers. We invite you to look at our website and view pictures and videos of recent developments such as East Bridgford and Redfields.
If you like the sound of a fantastic fast-growing company with a great heritage and want to make a positive contribution to a business which in return helps all employees to maximise their full potential, then we would like to hear from you!