As a Shift Manager, you'll be responsible for the store when you're running a shift in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager. Supervising a team of Customer Assistants, ensuring store processes run like clockwork and keeping an eye on targets - it's a job that'll keep you on your toes. Hands-on and proactive, you'll be a natural at delegating tasks, boosting performance and satisfying customers. We'll give you all the responsibility you need to prove yourself as an adaptable leader - and plenty of challenges to keep your career growing too.
What will you do?
- Supervise your store in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager, taking responsibility for day-to-day operations
- Keep on top of inventory and stock volumes, manage cash and oversee the rota to ensure shifts run smoothly
- Lead and motivate your team, delegating as needed and solving problems swiftly
- Follow company processes to maintain your store's performance
- Keep everything tidy and clean, on the shop floor and behind the scenes
What will you need?
- Experience of leading a team to achieve targets in a fast paced environment
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and motivate a team
- A customer-focused manner, remaining level-headed in any situation
- Willingness to work as a key part of the store team, completing daily tasks on every shift
- A responsible approach to holding the store keys and managing the tills
What do we offer?
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a strong, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting from GBP9.75 with the potential to earn up to GBP10.87, you'll get 30 days' holiday, a pension, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.