Up to C. GBP29,000 per annum
Ambitious Buyer required by global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We are seeking a talented procurement professional who will support a Buyer and assist with the delivery of the most effective sourcing solutions to meet business needs of this dynamic market leader.
As a Junior Buyer, you will demonstrate a strong commercial acumen and an understanding of the negotiation of complex requirements, you will liaise directly with the various departments across multiple disciplines to achieve the best sourcing solution to meet the business needs.
As Junior Buyer you will:
- Ensure compliance with procurement strategy as defined by the Head of Procurement.
- Provide commercial assistance to the Purchasing, Test and Engineering functions to ensure best practise and compliance is achieved within the function, and share knowledge with junior members of the team.
- Support negotiations to achieve business objectives and strategic direction
- Manage costs and work directly with suppliers to improve processing times
- Supply weekly project progress status reports to the Head of Procurement
- Develop relationships with suppliers, support any audit requirement
- Develop a continuous improvement ethos with the supply base, manage and document results ?? Support a CI Culture through the supply chain
- Strong administrative awareness and ability to implement best practise
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Experience within manufacturing, engineering, automotive or defence Good Microsoft word/excel experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced negotiation skills.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Outlook Packages
- Strong administrative skills
- An awareness of Framework and Blanket Order processes / implementation awareness.
- Experience of project or capital expenditure procurement preferred.
This role would ideally suit a Junior Buyer or Buyers Assistant within a military, aerospace, manufacturing or automotive environment.
Are you currently working in a fast moving, dynamic procurement environment? Looking for your next procurement opportunity? Please forward your CV directly or contact me for further information on directly.