Our client is privately owned business, a leader in their field based in Coleshill B46.
They are profitable, have around 60 employees and a turnover of £6m and growing.
They are currently seeking an experienced Claims Handler to join their team.The Claims Handler role includes:
- Accepting new cases and acknowledging receipt to our referral sources
- Dealing with all aspects of client and customer contact (from initial contact until either refusal or off-hire)
- Gathering information from customers, witnesses and third parties by telephone, post and email to allow the full assessment of claims
- Assessing claims and making decisions on liability
- Approving / refusing claims for credit hire
- Obtaining all supportive documentation from the client and checking that all is in order
- Managing claims through the 'on-hire’ process in accordance with GTA protocols
- Keeping all parties involved updated on a regular basis
- Handling customer claims for loss of earnings
- Identifying customer requirements for additional services
- Completing 'in-house’ checks in preparation of the necessary documentation required for the Payment Pack
- Maintaining up to date records on the case management system
- Dealing with general telephone enquiries
- Undertaking customer surveys and obtaining customer feedback
- Assisting with customer queries and complaints in line with company policy
Candidates will have ideally gained experience within a similar role either working for an Accident Management Company or an Insurer within their Credit Hire Department and can demonstrate a good understanding of the ABI GTA protocols.
Salary level - £18,000 - 21,500 depending on experience.