Medical Secretary Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa has a vacancy for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Administration department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Medical secretarial experience essential
- Maths and English – GCSE Grade C or above
- RSA 111 qualification or equivalent
- Experience with digital dictation preferred
- Proficient in IT and Microsoft applications
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Telephone manner and skills is essential.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a professional, efficient and effective medical typing service to support the medical secretaries.
- To maintain departmental security.
- To adhere to Data protection policy.
- To answer and respond to telephone enquiries from the public, consultants, their secretaries and other departments as required.
- To ensure correspondence/investigations are dealt with appropriately.
- To ensure adherence to Departmental operational policies/ procedures.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.