Reports to Office Manager
Hours Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:00 (flexible hours and/or part time hours will be considered for the right candidate)
Holiday 28 Days including public holidays
Salary GBP25,000 - GBP30,000 basic plus team bonus (pro rata for part time role)
Probation Six months
A family run Shropshire based manufacturing business highly regarded within their industry for their efficiency, integrity and reliability has over 40 years developed a close working relationship with Local Authorities, Architects, Schools, Builders and Property Managers across the region.
Our client is looking to recruit an office based relationship building expert, a sales professional who excels at engaging with new clients on the telephone to impart confidence so as to become a trusted advisor selling a range of steel school playground products from GBP5,000 - GBP75,000 to both education sector end users and contractors.
Qualifications and Experience
- A proven track record in semi technical sales or sales or in a building services related industry
- An experienced, proficient negotiator with the ability to create added value solutions for clients.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Formal training in sales/telephone sales
- Good IT skills with excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and an ability and willingness to learn our clients CRM and other systems thoroughly.
- An excellent telephone manner
- As a smaller business with some seasonality a willingness to carry out other duties such as lead generation and data cleansing may be required.
- Experience of sales to the education sector
- Experience of sales to large building contractors
- An ability to read and interpret architects drawings
- Not currently part of the role but willing and able to travel and meet with clients on occasions.
- Positive and polite
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self- motivated and able to drive yourself and others to achieve, a strong role model in a small team.
- The ability to work autonomously or in a team.
- Punctual, trustworthy, reliable and loyal to the organisation.
- Methodical, analytical and conscientious.
- Excellent self-management, time management and planning skills
Key Roles and Responsibilities
It will be your role to develop enquiries working with potential clients to open their minds to new ideas, obtain all the required information including budgets, stakeholders, timelines, competitors and decision making processes.
You will then either price projects from a schedule of rates or work with the estimating department to have proposals drawn up and priced making sure that the proposed solution closely matches the requirement discussed. An ability to explain verbally and in powerful persuasive writing why your solution is the right one will be essential.
You will then methodically follow every quoted opportunity using your relationship to ensure that our client is never being compared as 'one out of three' but will stay close to your potential client every step of the way in a mutual journey toward closing the order.
Whilst not currently a management role our client's preference is to recruit an individual who either has leadership/management experience or who they believe has Leadership/management potential