If you have Purchasing experience and enjoy liaising with suppliers to clarify or progress orders, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly reputable, long established market leading company that offers superb career development opportunities.
Who will I be working with?
Founded in 1972, Ingimex is the UK’s largest manufacturer of light commercial vehicle bodies for many of the leading chassis manufacturers, with the ability to fully design, test and manufacture the aluminium based products in house. With strong emphasis on design, Ingimex are always working to improve existing products as well as expanding the product range. Quality is of the utmost importance to the company and the team prides itself on the exceptionally high standards of safety, function and finish achieved through the manufacturing systems and processes. All facilities from design to after sales support are under one roof at the company’s purpose-built factory in Telford, Shropshire, and as part of the exciting expansion program, Ingimex is currently increasing the manufacturing site with a £2 million extension.
What will the role of Purchasing Officer entail?
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for placing orders, then liaising with suppliers to clarify delivery. You will predominately spend your time on administering standard purchase transactions within a MRP data system. However, your duties will also include but not be limited to;
- Administering purchase transactions, including items such as steel and aluminium stock, consumables, stationary and transport purchase orders using the MRP system.
- General department administration.
- System amendments on the company’s MRP system (e.g. stock re-work, return, scrap etc)
- Raising and expediting orders and ensuring all items are booked in.
- Maintaining vendor performance scoring and reporting.
What will I need to be considered for the Purchasing Officer vacancy?
- Be computer literate in all MS office applications particularly Excel, and ideally but not essential with knowledge of Microsoft NAV
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be organised with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be able to multi task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Be a personable and excellent team player.
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Circa £27,500, dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays plus company pension
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 7.00am to 5.30pm (40 Hours) but can be flexible.
Contract Type: Permanent, with development opportunities.
Location: Ingimex Ltd, Halesfield 19 – Telford, Shropshire. TF7 4QT.
To Apply: Please send your CV to John Partoon, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.