Job Summary for the Labourer role:
You will be working as part of a team carrying out various industrial cleaning tasks including tank cleaning, site clearance and spill response. This is a physical role involving manual handling and working outdoors as well as in confined spaces.
There is potential for the work to involve some travel away from home for which we provide hotel accommodation and a meal allowance. The role is full time, 40 hours per week, with regular overtime opportunities. Our Industrial Services Operatives are all specially trained to work in confined spaces, on cement plants & operating mobile plant & high pressure water jetting equipment.
Main Duties will include (but not be limited to):
Operation of Disab vacuum hose
- Manual "working" of flexible rubber hose to vacuum up solids, sludge's and liquids.
- Flexible rubber hose is anything between 2" and 8" diameter and comes in lengths up to 25m long. (normal working lengths would be up to 4m)
- Manual carrying, lifting or dragging of the above flexible pipes to and from the work site - this may include negotiating stairs, slopes and uneven surfaces.
- Manually breaking up and moving materials on industrial sites such as concrete, cement, slurry, sludge's etc.
- Use of various hand tools to include: shovels, pick axes, pneumatic tools, wheel barrows, hammers etc. to break up and move the above materials.
- Sweeping and shovelling using brushes
Confined Space Entry (when suitably trained)
- Entry into pipes, ducts, silos, ball mills, kilns and other vessels to carry out the above cleaning tasks.
- Entry is often via restricted access, numerous stairs or vertical ladders.
- Entry may often involve crawling or working in a stooped position in a restricted space.
- Entry requirements will dictate that all operatives are physically capable of self-rescue and of assisting with the rescue of their colleagues
General H&S Responsibilities:
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements: as per training, policies, procedures, risk assessments, method statements, safe systems of work etc.
- Actively seek to improve safety culture.
- Report any H&S issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
Other General Responsibilities of the Labourer:
- Attend training as required to maintain personal qualification/competence.
- Comply with the Company Equal Opportunities Policy and promote equality.
- Any other duties as required by line management, commensurate with the post holder's level of training and competence.
Hours of work: Various shifts including nights and weekends
Holiday: 20 days P/A plus 8 bank holidays
Other benefits: Company pension, company bonus scheme
If you would like to be considered for the Labourer role please click "APPLY" below