Customer Complaints Handler
CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS HANDLER
Salary: £18,500 - £20,000* (*dependant on experience)
Are you a complaints handling professional?
Have you worked within an FCA regulated environment?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to utilise your existing skills and knowledge of complaints handling procedures and processes?
Our client is a busy nationwide 24-hour home emergency business, operating 365 days a year to support customers. The company delivers professional customer service, using a range of communication methods to ensure that emergency property problems are resolved at the first point of contact.
Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, this position would suit someone with complaint management experience within a regulated environment who is keen to develop a career with a dynamic, expanding company.
You'll be the person that customers turn to when things haven't quite gone to plan. With a personable and empathetic approach, you'll listen to their complaint and concerns, before investigating the issue and providing a resolution. Every complaint is different, so you'll need to be flexible in your approach, to reassure the customer that their problem will be rectified as effectively as possible. This is a fast-paced, targeted customer service centre, so team spirit, fantastic communication skills and ability to multi-task will be required.
- Provide quality responses to customer contacts in writing, by telephone and email
- Take ownership and manage own complaint caseload to reach first time resolutions
- Balance business needs against customer expectations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Work within and outside the parameters of company policy, to find creative solutions to customer issues
- Demonstrate the ability to balance telephone, written and administrative work to ensure that personal targets and departmental service levels are met
- Contribute to departmental meetings, projects and training sessions as and when required, complete route cause analysis and identify trends
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience of working in a complaints environment within a Financial Service or Insurance industry
- Ability to see things from the customers perspective and put the customer first
- Good standard of literacy along with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management skills and a willingness to take ownership of work
- Calm disposition coupled with the ability to work well under pressure
- Methodical and organised approach to ensure that all customer contacts are correctly completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task several different workflows and customers at any one time
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with an ability to negotiate through alternative solutions with the customer.
- Flexibility to work the required shift patterns to ensure adequate cover in the department at all time. Shifts will generally be Mon-Friday between 8am and 6pm (8am-4pm/10am-6pm).
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser