IT Second Line Application Support Analyst
Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Muller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently looking for an Application Support Analyst for our IT Department based at our Head Office at Market Drayton to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve incidents and requests and applications queries.
The role would suit someone with experience in a similar IT based role within a logistics environment, or a Graduate looking for a career in IT Applications.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* To manage incidents and escalation according to business impact through to resolution
* To manage high priority and major incidents for applications such as Warehouse and Transport Management Systems, EDI, SAP, Crystal Reporting.
* To provide out of hours support for business critical incidents on a rotating on call basis.
* To drive implementation of fixes / process improvements.
* To create and maintain support documentation.
* To provide IT testing of new applications / enhancements to existing applications.
* To provide point of contact within IT for system releases ensuring adherence to change control procedures.
* To liaise with internal 3rd line analysts and external 3rd party support to ensure resolution of incidents according to business agreed SLA's
* To manage ad hoc project work as determined by Line manager.
Key skills & experience
* Logical, methodical approach to problem solving.
* Tenacious with a desire to get to the root of problems.
* Capacity to learn new principles across a wide range of applications.
* Show an understanding of IT systems and applications and how they can support business process.
* Experience using service desk incident maintenance applications.
* Drive to highlight opportunities for IT systems to enhance business processes.
* Experience in writing SQL queries to retrieve and analyse data.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82717631