We have a fantastic opportunity for a Biomedical Engineer to join our growing team and provide effective and efficient equipment support of all Bio-Medical equipment, based in Kidderminster. The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary.
Avensys are a leading provider of medical equipment management and support services, offering bio-medical equipment engineering service solutions to private healthcare organisations including large NHS trusts, Primary Care Trusts and leading Private Hospital Groups and Clinics.
We require an experienced Medical Equipment Engineer in the Primary Care sector and in Health Care Centres with service and breakdown experience.
Responsibilities of our Biomedical Engineer:
- Providing scheduled maintenance, rectification and modification of all medical and dental equipment in control of Avensys UK Ltd.
- Ensuring the maintenance, control and observance of engineering practices and procedures.
- Liaising direct with the chain of command if unsure in any engineering matters concerning medical and dental equipment.
- Liaising with Contracts Manager for 3rd and 4th line support when required.
- Maintaining an accurate Job Progress Record.
- Controlling and co-ordinating all Avensys forms and Database updates, completing 374’s, on completion of jobs.
- Monitoring of manufacturers’ maintenance contracts.
- Ensuring that MHRA Device Alerts are read and Serious Equipment Failure signals are actioned where necessary.
- Providing the appropriate Clinical Staff with the latest technical advice and assistance.
- Controlling your test equipment and inventories.
- Attending, or providing a representative for site meetings for the installation of new equipment.
- Controlling all equipment publications and manufacturers technical information, ensuring that all amendments are carried out as necessary.
- Complying with all Risk Assessment and carry out personal Risk Analysis of any Hazardous activity.
- Reading and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) on a 6 monthly basis
Skills and experience required to be our Biomedical Engineer:
- Experienced Medical equipment engineer in the primary care sector and in health care centres
- Service and Breakdown experience
- Experience of patient monitoring systems including ECGs and Defibrillators together with any other associated equipment.
- Self-motivation and able to work effectively on a lone basis
- Excellent understanding of Excel Spread Sheets.
What can we offer our Biomedical Engineer?
- Company vehicle + fuel card, Laptop, Smart Phone, Uniform
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (rising 1 day per year to a maximum of 26 days)
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Sick pay scheme
- Ongoing medical equipment training (fully funded)
- On going salary reviews
If you think you have the skills and experience to be our Biomedical Engineer, then apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82403441