Maintenance Engineer - Industrial
This is an interim/contract role for a Mechanical Engineer to work within an industrial environment. There will be reactive and pre-planned maintenance of company equipment and machinery.
My client is a PLC that specialise in producing metal casting products for a number of markets globally.
- To plan and carry out & prioritise preventative maintenance in line with planning and customer requirements
- To agree the correct level of spare parts to be held and to ensure that the stock is kept at the agreed level and stored correctly
- Supervise the installation of all new machinery and equipment
- To prioritise corrective actions reported on Maintenance Request forms. Minimising lost time.
- To monitor and record all work completed, actual machine down time, parts used and problems encountered
- To constantly review the Preventative Maintenance Plans and feedback to the team
- To be responsible for the housekeeping in the maintenance work shop, stores and any equipment worked on by Maintenance personnel
- To ensure that the layout of new equipment/machinery and modified layouts of existing equipment/machinery will lend itself to ease of maintenance
- To suggest ways in which productivity might be improved, rejects reduced and down-time minimised
- Multi skilled maintenance experience is essential
- Siemens PLC knowledge would be advantageous
- Ability to both electrically and mechanically fault find
- Strong ability to solve problems
This role is being offered on a contract/interim basis.
The role is paying between GBP18 -GBP23 per hour DOE