Wednesbury - Logistics Control Room - Operator
Control Room Operator
WednesburySalary: 17,000-19,000 Hours of work: 15:00-23:00
Excellent Company Benefits including ContributoryPension + Private Health Insurance (For Self) + Very Discounts
Here atYodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when itcomes to your career too! An excellent opportunity has arisen for individualslooking to further their career with Yodel. We are looking to hire a talented C3Operator to work within our Hatfield Operation. We are looking to engage withtalented individuals who are looking to progress within the logistics industry.You will be provided with amazing career opportunities, if you are able todeliver excellent operating profits, combined with SLA adherence and theability to manage change effectively and engage your workers.
We’re a bigbeliever in rewarding our employees for all the amazing work they do. As wellas a competitive remuneration package, excellent pension scheme andgenuine career development we offer discounted hotel stays, gym memberships andVirginmedia discounts. And if like us you enjoy online shopping up to 25%discount off very.co.uk. Could you ask for much more?
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- To book vehicles in and out of the depot accurately and efficiently using the C3 yardsmart system (based in the gatehouse).
- Responsible for the movement of vehicles on C3 system (E.g booking in and out)
- To utilise Yard Management systems and processes to ensure efficiency of all trailer movements on site
- To liaise effectively with the Transport & Sort teams, working collaboratively to achieve and exceed targets
- To ensure high operating standards ensuring the sort function fulfils its responsibilities to the wider business
- To coordinate Shunt movements ensuring they are assigned to Shunters in a timely manner
- To provide required reporting to the business as and when required
- To communicate operational issues in a timely and accurate manner to ensure appropriate management action is taken
- To liaise with Transport & Sort management to actively seek ways to improve ways of working.
- To actively seek opportunities to maximise sort capacity
- To cover all duties in the Control Room (C3 Yard Management, Scada, etc.) as and when required.
- To respond effectively to changes in Transport & Sort activities during peak periods and special events.
- To adhere to the Health and Safety standards set for the site
- To distribute the site rules to all drivers and contractors entering site and ensure they are adhered to
- Working within a Transport functionality
- Up to date knowledge of driver’s hours and working time regulations
- Operational knowledge of transport management systems
- Competency within IT and systems
If you are ambitious, open-minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82701647