Length: Full Time, 36.5 Hours per week
Shift Pattern: 6:00am until 2:00pm and 2:00pm until 10:00pm rotating weekly.
With a Fleet of over 49,000 vehicles, meeting the challenge of maintaining our vehicles and those of our customers is a real team effort. Offering an attractive salary/benefits package, there couldn't be a better time to join Royal Mail as a Heavy Vehicle Technician.
We are looking for professional heavy vehicle technicians to perform a full range of inspections, diagnosis, maintenance and repair procedures on all types of vehicle, trailers and mechanical equipment and plant operated by Royal Mail Group.
- Must be qualified to at least advanced level - IMI Level 3 in Heavy maintenance and repair or an equivalent. (Level 2 will also be looked at depending on experience)
- You will hold a C Category UK manual divers licence (Class 2) with less than 6 penalty points.
Salary & Benefits
A Royal Mail Technician can also expect the following benefits:
• Four weeks annual leave on entry with options to purchase more.
• A 36.5 hour working week.
• Technicians can also expect Shift Payments made in addition to the basic salary as well as Overtime and Scheduled Attendance in addition to basic salary.
• A competitive Company Pension Scheme.
• All tools and equipment supplied.
• And lastly a great opportunity to develop your career working for the largest fleet operator in the UK.
At first recruitment we understand how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our technician consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. We actively recruit at all levels, graduates/trainees, mechanics and technicians.