Workshop Service Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Technician to join our Market leading Specialist Vehicles Division at Nationwide Platforms. As a workshop-based Service Engineer you will work within a busy depot as part of a team to inspect, repair and maintain our HGV and light commercial vehicles ensuring that they are ready for use by our customers and driver/operators. In this role we look for people with an enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the relevant qualifications or experience in associated industries.
In return you will receive a salary from £23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience access to childcare vouchers, opportunities for overtime, pension match up to 5% and 25 days holiday.
This is a fantastic chance to use your HGV engineering skills and join the UK market leader in powered access.
- Support the Workshop Service Manager in the effective running of the Depot workshop within the region.
- Carry out pre-delivery roadworthiness inspections (PDI) of machines at depot as required, and in conformance with manufacturer’s specification, company policy and the regulations affecting the use. Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify workshop service manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
- Repair machines at depot to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and company policy.
- To complete planned preventative maintenance activities (PPM) including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
- Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with company procedures.
- Act as an ambassador for the company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite and professional always. Relay appropriate customer queries to depot staff as required.
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer’s report, off hire, pre/delivery inspection and service sheets.
- Update system on machine status change i.e. PDI carried out, Machine under repair, statutory Inspection completed.
- Prepare vehicles (and trailers where applicable) for MOT test.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- Relevant HGV General Maintenance qualification and proven experience gained.
- Experience in Plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics, diagnostics fault finding would be an advantage.
- Have a mature outlook and the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service.
- Understand the importance of compliance with statutory and company own policy service/inspection schedules relating to roadworthiness.
- HGV licence would be an advantage.
Part of the Loxam Group, Nationwide Platforms is the UK’s largest powered access specialist with a fleet of 10,500 machines operating from a network of 26 depots. With a workforce of more than 900 employees and 25 years’ experience in working at height, it has unprecedented knowledge on the widest range of access platforms as well as expertise on specific product, site and working at height challenges.
Its dedicated research and development division, BlueSky Solutions, is also committed to indentifying and solving key issues and challenges faced by the industry as well as developing a range of solutions to improve productivity, increase safety and reduce cost for customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82645454