Trainee Bus Driver - Coventry
National Express operates bus services within three areas namely the West Midlands, Coventry and Dundee. We are the largest bus operator in these areas and one of the largest in the UK carrying over 1 million passengers every day. As well as bus services, we also operate The Metro link between Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
Everything we do is about attracting more happy passengers. We strive to keep everyone safe, if we can't do it safely, we don't do it. To do this we need the best people. We invest to attract, retain and develop the very best employees. This is where you join our team!
We have a fantastic opportunity for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified BusDriver! Whether you are at the beginning of your professional career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, this may be the right job for you!
Our internal network of Assessment Centres and our Bus Driver Academy will help you gain the skills and knowledge required to obtain a full PCV licence. Experienced National Express instructors will guide you through the whole process including the theory and practical examination.
As a Trainee Bus Driver you will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your career in the transportation industry. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Bus Driver job as well as how to provide the outstanding service to our passengers.
What you need before applying:
- Minimum required age for trainee Bus Drivers is 18
- You need to hold a full car licence
- Excellent Customer Service skills are crucial for this job
- No more than 6 penalty point on your licence
- No driving bans
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- Full PCV training worth over GBP3000 providing you with a qualifications for life
- Permanent position with one of the most recognised brands in the UK
- Availability to work overtime
- Guaranteed 38 hours of work per week
- Company pension
- Free Bus travel and discounted coach travel with National Express
- Variety of shifts and flexible working hours
- Access to variety of deals and discount via NX online portal
- Endless opportunities for progression within the business
If the above sounds like a next step in your professional career, follow our online application process to express your interest!
You may have previous experience in the following: taxi, delivery driver, driver, customer service, retail, hospitality.