Coventry Dementia Cafe Volunteer
• Helping to set up the room to an agreed layout
• Greeting service users as they arrive and making sure they are signed in
• Leading and supporting activities with groups of various sizes
• Making and distributing beverages and other refreshments, collecting in and washing up
• Tidying up the room after the session
• Adhering to Alzheimer's Society policies and guidelines
• Engaging in regular support meetings with your manager and undertaking training to better support those attending the group.
• You would be needed weekly on Thursday from 10.30-1pm at Queensland Ave, Coventry CV5 8FE.
This role will suit you if you are...
• Enjoy meeting new people
• Have good verbal communication skills especially face to face.
• Know about, or are willing to learn about, dementia and its impact on people
• Recognise the importance of confidentiality and can show this in practice
• Are prepared to complete induction into the role, necessary training and attend future support meetings
No specific qualifications or experience are needed.
The impact you'll make...
Our activity groups offer a sociable and enjoyable few hours for people with dementia. By listening to our service users and their carers we are able to offer activities that are engaging and relevant to those who attend. Each session aims to make quality time for people with dementia and their carers and your help would mean that we are able to offer more activities and support more people to get the most out of the day.
Information about the application process
Step 1: Pre-application: Input your details including name and email address to register your interest. Alzheimer's Society will use this information to send you future Volunteer opportunity alerts if you opt to receive them, and to keep in contact with you about your application. By submitting this information you are indicating that you agree to this.
Step 2: Opportunity Alerts: Optional sign up for information on future vacancies at the Society
Step 3: Download and complete a registration form
If you have any questions or need more information about this role, please contact Nin Gill at or phone
How to apply
Register your details and send your completed Volunteer Registration Form to Nin by email at