Oswestry - commutable from Wrexham, Ellesmere
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
25 days holiday + contributory pension + onsite car park
An experienced Buyer is required to work closely with the Head of Procurement to develop a cost effective and commercially beneficial supplier base, assisting in sourcing new suppliers, materials and components for both current products and future developments. This is an influential purchasing role that would suit an engineering buyer or a buyer from within a manufacturing environment to be involved with both current production operations and exciting new product development projects.
- Taking the engineering lead with respect to sourcing and tendering on current product sourcing
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- To coordinate closely with both the supplier and in house new product development team in expediting suppliers solutions in a timely manner
- Manage the buying process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
- Working closely with purchasing and engineering functions to understand product specifications and quality requirements
- Manage problems and schedule changes and ensure changes are reflected within the ERP systems
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Manage a small team of buyers
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- A manufacturing or engineering related degree or equivalent is desirable
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- A demonstrable working history within a manufacturing or engineering buyer role
- Highly numerate and financially aware
- A strong, effective negotiator, technically orientated with the ability to communicate externally and internally
- Able to manage a small team effectively
- Excellent IT skills - including advanced Excel
- Able to manipulate data and create reports
Our client has an excellent reputation for the quality of its product, supplying to both domestic and export markets. They have a keen focus on technically advanced product design and development as well as customer service delivery. The role of procurement is key to the continued success and development of their product portfolio and therefore this role presents a perfect opportunity for an Engineering Buyer or Manufacturing Buyer to advance their career.
£28,000 -30,000 per annum
25 days holiday & 8 bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
On site car park
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency.
Once you click to apply for this job, your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful, a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.