Salesforce Project Manager - Real Systems
A rewarding opportunity to apply your extensive Salesforce knowledge for the benefit of society and to make a real difference to homeless people's lives.
Real Systems, is St Mungo's award-winning not-for-profit social enterprise, specialising in building cloud-based client monitoring systems for the charitable, small business and local authority sectors. We utilise the highly customisable Salesforce.com platform, allowing us to build easy-to-use products that can drastically improve outcome reporting and recording.
To help build on our existing success we are looking for aSalesforce Project Manager to lead, manage, grow and develop the Real Systems social enterprise.
As the Real Systems Manager, you will:
- Lead the strategic and operational management of Real Systems as a social enterprise, including developing the business plan in alignment with St Mungo's strategic plans and maximising the contribution of profit to St Mungo's.
- Win new and repeat business by overseeing marketing and sales activity, delivering tenders and building strong relationships with existing and prospective customers.
- Design, develop and manage Salesforce databases that accurately meet customer requirements within agreed prices.
- Provide effective project management across multiple projects, upholding project management standards, policies, issues, methodologies and tools.
- Support customers to initiate and manage their systems through a responsive and customer focused support and training service.
- Lead and manage the Real Systems team, including recruitment and day to day line management.
We are looking for an advanced user of Salesforce and Excel with a proven track record in managing, developing and administrating medium scale Salesforce databases, including responsibility for data structure, quality and integrity. They will be experienced in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior stakeholders whist managing multiple and complex projects. Experience in the operation of a small business-to-business enterprise including marketing, customer relations, planning etc. is desirable.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including a pension scheme, staff discounts scheme and flexible working to help you maintain a healthy work/life balance. We are also committed to providing our staff with a wide range of learning and development opportunities in support of their personal and professional development.
To find out more please click the apply button.
Closing date: 10am, 20 August 2018.
Interview and assessments: 3 or 4 September 2018.
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on St Mungo's current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.
At St Mungo's, equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are in the top 100 of Stonewall's Workplace Equality Index 2018, we are also proud to have been awarded BITC 2017 Race Equality Award and we are a Disability Confident Employer. To ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities that we live and work within, we encourage and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo's at this level.