Corporate Audit Senior
An exciting opportunity has become available within our Internal Audit team for a Corporate Audit Senior.
The role will be responsible for planning and executing a variety of financial, operational and SOX audits and special projects, assisting in the training and supervision of less experienced auditors in planning and completing their regular work assignments.
This role will suit a candidate with a keen interest in internal audit, with a high level of accuracy, who is comfortable in leading and coaching junior team members.The position will include up to 40% travel in the UK, Europe and US.
- Lead a team in performing financial, operational and SOX audits according to the annual risk assessment and audit plan. Coordinate testing for SOX with external auditors.
- Keep abreast of changes in audit and accounting professional standards and recommend modifications to strategies and annual plan as necessary.
- Prepare objective, accurate and factual audit reports for managers, executive management and the audit committee.
- Monitor management's achievement of committed action plans from prior audits to ensure identified issues were appropriately and completely addressed.
- Assist external auditors in performing audit procedures as requested.
- Develop audit programs by determining the audit objectives, procedures and internal controls required to ensure that Company policies and procedures are operating as management intends.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Domestic and international travel from c30-40%
- Assist in the training and supervision of less experienced auditors in planning and completing their regular work assignments.
- As required: Review audit reports and work papers prepared by less experienced auditors to ensure adequate documentation supports the audit conclusions and to determine whether recommendations to improve internal controls are effective and reasonable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance and 3 or more years in public accounting, preferably Big 4/ top 10.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Experience of supervising staff on audits, evaluating performance, and managing multiple projects.
- Microsoft Office and ACL.
- Must be able to travel, 30-40% of the role will have travel involved.
Preferred Qualifications, but not essential:
- 3 - 5 years post qualified experience [Internal Audit/ Sox], preferably Big 4/ Top 20 either as a 1st role out of practice or 2nd industry role.
- Qualified ACCA, ICAS, ACA, CPA, CIA, or CISA Certification.
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh AhluwaliaEuro Car Parts is part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualized turnover exceeding $5 billion worldwide and more than 30,000 employees across 7 countries.
Euro Car Parts employ 12,000 employees with over 300 branches, 14 hubs, 4 National Distribution Centres and our Head Office functions in both Wembley and our new premises in Tamworth, as well as Technical Sales Trainers and Specialist Teams.
We distribute parts for all makes of cars and light commercial vehicles and have over 140,000 different stocked part numbers, significantly exceeding our competitors. With turnover in excess of £1bn, the company is expanding rapidly across the UK and Europe, with acquisitions including Arleigh Group, Andrew Page and Team P R Reilly.It’s passion, high energy, tenacity and a “will to win” are the driving force behind the astounding, yet consistent growth. At Euro Car Parts we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset. They make the difference between good and great.
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer;
- A highly competitive salary
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discounts for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3000 gyms in the UK
For more information or to arrange an informal discussion: Please email your CV directly to Sarah Grey
Due to the large volumes of CVs we are currently receiving we are unable to respond to each applicant individually.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82166384