Our client was established in 2006 and have locations in Birmingham, the East Midlands and London. As commercial flat roofing contractors, they specialise in hot melt roofing, single ply, felt, and liquid plastics/cold applied liquids.
With over 20 years experience in commercial and industrial flat roofing, they pride themselves on delivering cost effective, quality installations across a range of sectors throughout the UK. They undertake work with both national principle contractors and smaller, regional contractors; delivering projects on time, within budget and to the highest of standards. Previous projects include; Universities, Schools, Leisure complexes, Commercial holdings Residential buildings and Podium decks.
They now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to work from home, with occassional site visits (nationwide) on a full time basis.
The role is a Monday – Friday working typically 8am – 4.30pm (there maybe some flexiibility on this).
Typical duties will include:
- Prepares work tenders by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents
- Identifying labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints and specifications
- Computes costs
- Resolves project discrepancies
- Present prepared estimates formally to clients
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends
- Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Help foster new business development opportunities
- Associated procurement works
- Keep track of project costings and re-tenders
Interested applicants should ideally have some roofing project / subcontractor experience, have their own laptop and home office set up. They should also be self motivating and hardworking with excelelnt communication skills. This role demands someone assertive and a good trouble shooter.
Applicants should have a Quantity Surveyor degree, or related construction degree or equivalent. The salary is £30,000-£40,000 per annum with a car allowance.
If you would like to apply for this position, please call Workstream's Bicester head office on (Monday-Friday, 08:00-17:30) or click on the Apply link.
Workstream welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA.