Quantity Surveyor required for a specialist groundworks company based in Oldbury. The role will be office-based with site visits for a surfacing systems and groundworks company. My client works for a range customers including large national contractors working in both the private and public sector. Having achieved steady growth over the past few years they are now looking to expand their Commercial department and looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
As a Quantity Surveyor you would attend pre and post tender meetings and be involved within the whole process so at least 3 years' experience in a similar role is required. The idea Quantity Surveyor will have experience in asphalt or macadam and some experience of groundworks will be advantageous. The Quantity Surveyor will ideally be degree qualified.
The role will incorporate managing relationships with designers, project managers, client teams and suppliers. There will also be an expectation that the successful candidate will liaise with clients, sub-contractors, suppliers, sub-consultants and in-house engineering design teams.
Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Preparing of Bills od Quantity for all types of Surfacing Systems, groundworks and maintenance works
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations
- Site meetings
- Assessment of different options and solutions
Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- A HNC/ HND / degree in Quantity Surveying / Built Environment or similar
- Good computer skills - in particular, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with surfacing and /or groundworks
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent team player
Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary £30K-£40k+
- Other Benefits to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.