Sport & Leisure Activity Maker
Sport & Leisure Activity Maker? based in Gobowen, Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of £7,995 per annum ( £15,990 full-time equivalent ). This is a part-time (working 18.5 hours per week) permanent position and will start on 3rd September 2018.This is an Ofsted 'Outstanding' college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students. We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Sport & Leisure Activity Maker?s to join ourIndependence Health & Wellbeingteam. You will provide a wide range of activities to interest and stimulate Derwen College Students, particularly after 5.00 pm daily and at weekends. This post requires the Sport & Leisure Activity Maker to work with other staff within Derwen College to motivate, and guide students to participate in activities.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
The role of Sport & Leisure Activity Maker??:
- Enhance the social wellbeing of the students by providing a stimulating experience during the evenings and at weekends
- Encourage Derwen College staff to support students to engage with activities
- To plan (with guidance and support from the Sport & Leisure coordinator) an ongoing activity rota, in conjunction with student wishes
- Administration of Enrichment and Club Programmes at evenings and weekends
- Risk assess Sport & Leisure activities, trips and events as necessary
- Support the Duke of Edinburgh Awards and any other programme that may develop within Sport & Leisure in the future.
- To support external sporting opportunities for students and trainees
- Assist with end of term sports day and prize giving events
- Lifeguarding and gym instructor duties
- Completion of documentation and updating of information regarding student progression in Sport & Leisure programme
- To actively report and record progress, and provide termly reports for the Sport & Leisure Coordinator.
The ideal Sport & Leisure Activity Maker??:
- Ideally the candidates would be qualified with Gym Instructor/Personal Instructor and Life Guard qualification - although full training will be provided
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Outstanding communication skills with individuals/staff at all levels
??We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities at our main site, pension scheme, enhanced family-friendly policies, generous annual leave, staff discounts and extensive continual professional development opportunities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82448683