As a leading 3rd Party Logistics Provider, EDI is a critical part of our system landscape. We are searching for an experienced Specialist to join our team of Middleware Specialists. In addition to processing first class communication skills and a collaborative "can do" approach, the successful candidate will undertake the responsibilities of:-
* In -house Developer / EDI Specialist of both A2A and B2B interfaces
* Provide Development Lead on EDI development projects for full project lifestyle.
* Provide 3rd line support to the business where required
* Work with internal colleagues and external suppliers to deliver high quality, robust solutions.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Design, development and implementation of EDI interfaces including testing and documentation.
* Provide development lead for EDI development projects supporting the business throughout the project lifecycle from planning through to implementation.
* Developing / delivering solution in line with client implementation timescales; often within larger project plan.
* Assistance during test phases of development supporting both internal colleagues and external clients to ensure successful completion of UAT testing prior to implementation.
* Creation and maintenance of support documentation to enable efficient handover of new interfaces to support functions including training where required.
* Support Business as usual:-
Provide 3rd line support where required. When issue cannot be resolved by both 1st Line (Service Desk) and 2nd Line (Applications Support)
Provide 3rd line technical support for user and client queries debugging mappings / process where necessary.
Execution of DR plans where required including DR tests.
Perform minor amendments due to client changes (i.e. Certificate changes)
* Adherence to IT policies and procedures.
Key skills & experience
* Experience of logistics / FMCG industry desirable but not essential.
* Excellent communication skills are essential as is the ability to communicate clearly with internal and external partners and clients.
* Structured was of working and methodical approach.
* Appreciation of project management processes and prior experience of full project lifecycle.
* Experience of Seeburger BIS6 is an advantage.
* Mapping experience in Seeburger BIS or similar product.
* Workflow / process development in Seeburger BIS or similar product (ideally BPMN / BPEL)
* Message formats-Tradacoms /EDIFACT/XML/IDOC/X12
* Communication protocols-AS2 /HTTP/FTP/FTPs/VAN (GXS)/Web services
* SQL server
* Basic knowledge of SAP (SD, IDOC, ALE, RFC)
* WMS / TMS Systems
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82457321