Food & Beverage Team Members
Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role, with a requirement to work weekends and Bank Holidays. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern however flexibility will be required as sometimes your working pattern will alter from time to time to suit the needs of the business.
What it's like to work here
Croft Castle is a late seventeenth-century castellated manor house with fine Georgian interiors and a family connection dating back almost 1,000 years. Set in 1,700 acres of stunning Herefordshire countryside renowned for its veteran trees and Spanish chestnut Avenue. A walk through the woods reveals the Iron Age hillfort at Croft Ambrey.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our Food & Beverage outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy Food & Beverage team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within the outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking