Graduate Electromechanical Engineer
Graduate Electromechanical Engineer
Salary: £25K - £27K PA, DOE + Critical Health Insurance + Pension + Bonus Scheme + Support to achieve chartership status within a professional body in a relevant field
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About the role – Graduate Electromechanical Engineer:
The position is ideally suited to a graduate engineer interested in developing a career within building services. The role will encompass a wide range of lift and escalator engineering projects across many sectors. Activities are flexible to meet client needs but will evolve to include: condition surveys of existing lifts & escalators, traffic analysis, specification of new lift/escalator installations, implementing effective engineering solutions, modernising existing lift/escalator installations and energy use modelling.
A broad-based engineering knowledge is required including; mechanical systems, electrical/controls engineering, hydraulics and maintenance techniques. Communicating situations, ideas and solutions in a clear and concise manner is central to the role.
A key element of the position will be client care and management to ensure that all the needs of the customer are effectively catered for. The role will initially involve working within a small team on projects, both in the office and also at client's premises or construction sites.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Must have excellent report writing skills and written English
- Must be proficient with numerical analysis such as design packages and spreadsheet modelling
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work on site/in plant rooms/lift shaft
- 1st or Upper 2nd Class Degree (1st or 2:1) in electrical/mechanical/building services engineering or similar field
- Candidates must come from an electrical/mechanical/building services engineering background and ideally with some field experience.
- Hold a full clean driving licence to enable them to travel to client sites as required.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels to maintain good relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Highly presentable with a flexible proactive approach.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels of business strata.
- Able to work independently using initiative and within a team environment.
- Highly organised, punctual and efficient at time management.
- Able to understand and assimilate Regulations, standards and codes of practice.
Highly desirable skills and experiences:
- Graduated within the last 2 years with degree qualification in electrical/mechanical/building services
- Some site or field experience in the lifts or building services sector.
- Experience in project management techniques.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts.
- Member of engineering institution.
- Understanding of health and safety principles.
- It would be preferable for any applicant to have a full, clean UK driving licence to allow them to travel around the country.
Our client has been providing highly effective building services solutions within the UK since the business was created in 2004. Their core services include improving energy efficiency, troubleshooting problems with existing installations, strategic management of contract maintenance and design solutions for optimal performance.
They currently provide a wide variety of solutions for electromechanical services including: heating, ventilation, air conditioning, lifts and escalators and electrical engineering services. They are currently recruiting a Lift Engineer - based out of or head office in Birmingham for our client across the UK. This is an exciting and rewarding graduate role with a growing organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to join a rapidly expanding company with a diverse and enviable client base. It will enable the successful candidate to work in an interesting and specialist sector with progressive, specialist lift engineering training and sponsorship towards Chartered status for those with required skills. There are opportunities for progression into different sectors of the firm and potential for travel overseas travel.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role for consideration in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82433492