Apprentice - Business and Administration
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,500 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Apprentice – Business and Administration
1 year fixed term contract
Worcester – Apprenticeship and Qualifications Team
Starting salary year 1: £8,080 per annum
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs around 12,500 people and manages more than 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with our training provider - Worcestershire Group Training Association (WGTA) – Ofsted Grade 1 rated “Outstanding” - we are offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time providing administrative support to our Apprenticeship and Qualifications tea which forms part of the wider Learning Academy function.
The Learning Academy offers a range of bespoke training and qualifications to all employees within Sanctuary and this Apprenticeship will give you the unique opportunity to gain a real insight and understanding of the Learning Academy function as a whole while developing great relationships across the team.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Supporting the team with the coordination of internal events e.g. National Apprenticeship week
- Processing evaluation data
- Supporting with the administration of qualifications and accredited programmes
- Dealing with queries by email and over the phone
- Carrying out additional duties as required
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- A good knowledge of MS packages (including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
- Ability to manage and prioritise your own workload on a daily basis – ensuring that your work is planned effectively so that deadlines are met
- Accuracy and attention to detail – you will be carrying out tasks relating to Sanctuary’s accredited programmes and qualifications so a keen eye for detail is essential
- Good communication skills when talking to Managers and employees via phone and by email
- Adaptable and able to work well when supporting various activities within the wider Learning Academy team
- Committed and enthusiastic
- A can do attitude with the ability to pick up a variety of tasks quickly
- Previous experience providing administrative support would be preferable, however this is not essential since full training and lots of support will be consistently provided
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 24 July 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.