Pentalver is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years' experience. We are currently recruiting for a skilled mild steel Fabricator/MIG Welder to join our small but busy Container Conversions team in Cannock.
Please note the position is not production welding.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a basic week of 40 hours (Monday - Friday). Occasionally you will be required to work additional hours, including Saturdays to suit the business needs and therefore flexibility is required. Overtime is paid at time and a half.
On the job training/supervision and appropriate equipment, including PPE will be provided to the successful candidate who will be able to work on their own after a few months.
Key responsibilities of the Fabricator/MIG Welder:
- Metal work and fabrication in various gauge metals (light to medium)
- MIG welding (predominately mild steel)
- Cutting and folding and other metal forming techniques
- Interpret engineering drawing
- Metal dressing to a high standard (grinding, sanding and polishing)
- Take measurements/mark out, drill/cut materials to size by burning, disc cutting and by plasma cutting
- Ensure you follow the Company H&S procedures at all times
Requirements of the Fabricator/MIG Welder:
- Previous experience of working as a Fabricator (Engineering / Carpentry and or Metal work)
- MIG welding experience especially with welding mild steel to an extremely high standards
- Must be able to independently read and interpret detailed engineering drawings and work with minimal supervision
- Must be skilled in operating general sheet metal hand power tools and machines
- Math and mechanical aptitude
- Due to the nature of the business, DIY, carpentry and forklift operating skills would be an advantage for any applicant
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Overtime payment at time and a half
- 20 days of annual leave increasing up to 28 days with the length of service (plus Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Regular training
CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Fabricator/MIG Welder role then please apply now!