Our client is an American provider of transportation and supply chain management products, and is especially known for its fleet of rental trucks.
They proudly boast a successful worldwide portfolio of blue chip names; They offer custom designed innovative and efficient unique solutions tailored to every business large or small. Taking great pride in maintaining their customers at the heart of the business whilst ensuring safety standards are kept paramount.
Due to their continued rapid growth here in the UK; they now have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager based in Birmingham.
Main Purpose of Job:
- Implementing and monitoring of procurement policies
- Negotiating/implementing OEM contracts
- Agreeing/negotiating capital pricing for trailer equipment
- Managing the supplying dealers for capital/OEM equipment and maintaining relationships to maintain/increase market intelligence
- Maintaining OEM/capital equipment spend and pricing trends for use in future negotiations
- Negotiating deal-specific pricing with OEMs at a strategic level
- Developing relationships with key OEM contacts at a senior level
- Implement a programme of continuous cost reduction across all areas of responsibility.
- Identify key areas of maximum benefit to the company and work through these to gain the largest immediate impact.
- Has direct responsibility for vehicles orders and signing purchase orders, liaison with sales team to support requests for price information. Actively involved and responsible for pricing and co-ordinating proposals for major fleet tenders
- Ensure vehicles are supplied according to agreed specifications (SPO’s) and to ensure that vehicles are delivered on time to meet Customer’s expectations.
- Experience in purchasing / buyer role in a multi-site, service driven commercial organisation (ideally but not exclusively in the transport sector)
- General education - A level standard
- HNC / HND / Graduate - Business related subject
- Membership or Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Good degree of computer literacy - spreadsheets
- Customer focussed and sales orientated approach.
- The ability to function independently without direct supervision
In return the company offers an excellent benefits, excellent training and development opportunities.