Geo-Environmental Engineer - Wolverhampton
My client, a prominent UK multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy, is seeking an enthusiastic Geo Environmental Engineer to join their team, based near Wolverhampton.
This role provides you with an exciting opportunity to produce Geotechnical Designs, complete Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Site Investigations and assist with Project Management on a variety of projects, with an emphasis on Contaminated Land.
To be considered for this role, candidates are required to have a strong degree in a relevant discipline, including Environmental or Earth Sciences.
Candidates must also have a MSc in Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Science, Engineering Geology or similar relevant discipline, with a focus on Contaminated Land.
As a Geo-Environmental Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Visiting sites away from the office
- Collecting Site Investigation field data
- Conducting Phase 1 Desk Studies
- Completing Phase 2 Site Investigations
- Technical report writing
- Carrying out Geo-Environmental data assessments and analysis
- Contributing to Geo-Environmental Designs, in particular to built environment projects
- Assisting with Project Management
- Preparing site investigation scopes, proposals and tenders.
It is essential that applicants have demonstrable experience of working for a UK consultancy, preferably in the built environment and must have considerable understanding of Contaminated Land.
Additional requirements include:
- Experience in and knowledge of Contaminated Land
- Previous involvement in managing Site Investigation works
- Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets
- Ability to produce written technical reports to the highest standard
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Strong focus on health and safety.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to attend site visits, therefore having a valid driving licence would be beneficial.
This role offers a competitive salary, Company Pension Scheme and career progression opportunities.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geo Environmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 362015 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.