Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Multi-Trade Operative - Planned Works
Birmingham Road, West Bromwich – Covering Midlands/Banbury Area
£27,167 per annum (rising to £28,597 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Multi-Trade Operative to join our well established planned works maintenance team covering the Midlands/Banbury. You will be working individually or within a small team on a variety of tasks, with a focus to provide true customer service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding and individual effort is recognised.
The role of Multi-Trade Operative will include:
- Carrying out repairs and refurbishment works on occupied and void properties.
- Associated works such as fitting kitchens & bathrooms, plastering, window & door fitting, brickwork, painting, and full house refurbishment
- Completing construction, fault fixing and maintenance duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Handling complaints and breakdowns in service to meet customer expectations
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained and stocks are replaced as needed
Skills and experiences:
- Previous Multi-Trade experience gained within a construction/building/maintenance background covering at least 3 trades
- Primary skills in plumbing, carpentry, plastering and windows & door fitting with additional skills in painting and tiling
- Awareness of health and safety and working legislations
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 25 July 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.