Kitchen Operative - Chef - Wednesbury
Our brand new warehouse comes with a brand new canteen! This is managed by our efficient and highly motivated new catering team, who provide breakfast and lunch for the entire warehouse. Now we are looking for an experienced Chef to prepare and cook healthy, balanced meals for our teams. With the added task of managing stock levels, menus and preparation schedules, you will find this role both challenging and rewarding!
What will you do?
- Preparing and cooking breakfast and lunch for approx 100 people per meal slot, ensuring enough food is prepared for everyone
- Planning and organising meal schedules and menu changes, with consideration for dietary requirements
- Managing food stock levels, while minimising waste
- Sourcing all meal ingredients from our onsite warehouse
- Maintaining food hygiene standards throughout the preparation process
- Reporting any health & safety issues
What will you need?
- Proven experience working as a chef within a commercial kitchen (e.g. a pub, school or similar warehouse canteen) is essential
- Proven experience managing stock levels, menu plans and preparation schedules is essential
- Food safety & Health and Safety level 2 is required, along with a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Flexible with working shifts, including weekends
- Extremely well organised with excellent multitasking skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and experience working with rotas
- A confident clear communicator with a good standard of written English
- Proactive and able to highlight problems/issues in a timely manner
What do we offer?
- Starting from Â£26,390 with the ability to earn up to Â£33,500 (*dependent on experience)
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)