City of Wolverhampton College is looking for a Carpentry Technician to join our team based in Wolverhampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per week (during term time) and will receive a competitivesalary of£17,144 - £18,145 per annum pro-rata.
City of Wolverhampton College is one of the region’s leading Further Education providers. We believe our staff are our greatest asset, and that it is only through their knowledge and experience that we can help make a difference to the lives of people across Wolverhampton and beyond. Our commitment to staff training and development has led us to be awarded the Investors in People Gold standard, joining the top 3% of accredited organisations across the UK that have been recognised for the way it supports its employers.
As our Carpentry Technician, you will undertake the running, maintenance, stores and development of equipment and facilities in the Technology and Build Environment. You will demonstrate equipment and facilities to students whilst they are undertaking a range of courses
Key responsibilities of the Carpentry Technician
- Preparation and Development of equipment and materials for student and lecturer use
- Assist with materials and equipment inventory
- Maintain consumables stock of tools
- Assist lecturers with practical work and classes
- Testing systems, work standards, availability of materials, defects, examining products or items, quality etc
- Assist in and with demonstrations and project work
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the College’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
Experience and skills required of our Carpentry Technician
- Relevant level 3 or above qualification in the area required
- Hold English and Maths GCSE Grade C qualification/Hold level 2 English and Maths
- Experience of relevant programmes
- Proven record of relevant and current vocational experience
- The ability to control stock and order systems
- Relevant level 4 or above qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety/Risk Assessments
- Experience across different disciplines
- Able to set up and manage databases
So if you would like to join our team as a Carpentry Technician then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
We are committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity in all of our activities and to encouraging access to our College from all groups irrespective of race, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation. We are working to create an environment in which cultural diversity and individual difference are positively valued in an atmosphere free from harassment and discrimination.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82075419