Engineering Team Leader
Are you already a Charge Hand, Lead Engineer, Engineering Team Leader or a multi-skilled Engineer at the top of your game? Working alongside the Engineering Manager as part of our manufacturing management team, you’ll manage, develop and engage a small team of skilled engineers to drive the effectiveness of the engineering team in reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
Our bakery sites are highly automated environments and our Engineering teams are keeping us at the cutting edge of innovation and automation.
Here at Wednesbury, the team are dedicated to continuous improvement opportunities in what is the pride of the Midlands. We are proud to be leading and developing a team at the heart of the Warburton’s bakery network.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 11 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as number 17 in the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
Our Engineering team are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way. As an Engineering Team Leader you’ll be with us on that journey.
We are proud of our safety record and our Engineers lead by example in all that they do; quality and safety are the values we live by and we’re looking to find that passion in you.
You’ll be supporting the engineering manager to deliver the maintenance strategy and train/coach our operations team with autonomous maintenance. Innovation, accountability, strong leadership skills coupled with technical engineering knowledge is essential for the role. Have you got what it takes to join our family?
- Leadership and Team Development skills, high levels of energy and team engagement
- Drive Root Cause Analysis and strive to prevent re-occurrence with counter measures
- Experienced in FMCG Engineering, ideally Food Manufacturing
- Multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering
- Engineering apprentiship and associated qualifications such as BTEC ONC, HNC, HND
- CMMS experience and knowledge – preferably SAP
- Basic PLC experience and fault-finding diagnostics (Allen Bradley)
- Ability to deploy and execute the preventative maintenance strategy for the site.
- Driven to deliver solutions, ideas and innovations in a positive and pragmatic way
- Living our culture and values – be part of the Warburtons family
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- COSHH & HACCP awareness
- Working knowledge of internal H&S audits and processes
- Working 4 on, 4 off. 12 hour days, 12 hour nights
- Family time and your time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so we will start you on five weeks holiday
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82084196