Continuous Improvement Manager
Continuous Improvement Manager
Position: Continuous Improvement Manager
Customer: Aston Martin Lagonda
Salary: Circa GBP30,000
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 20th July 2018
For the role of CI Manager you will be responsible for the completion of various continuous improvement driven activities in the Automotive sector (UK) in accordance with established procedures. The scope of the role typically includes the use of CI tools including VSM, Six Sigma, DMAIC, PIM to generate operational improvements and deliver cost savings for DHL and our customers.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Present process and output to key customers internal and external
* Work with operational teams to generate continuous improvement
* Review and report on customer related projects
* Coordinate key tasks for effective improvement
* Collate and analyse data for decision making
* Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of manpower efficiency modelling
* Deploy basic CI tools down to work group level
* Develop value stream maps
* Deliver cost saving initiatives of 5% year on year
* Delivery of master schedule
* Delivery of DHL Business Objectives and policy deployment
* Facilitate and support change programmes
* The role is tasked with delivering cost down innovative solutions whilst challenging and changing existing cultures
* and mindsets
* Share resources from the development team and other "experts" within the business
* Deliver team member performance reviews, train, develop, coach and/or succession planning as appropriate
* Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy and procedures
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Inbound to manufacturing business unit experience desirable but not essential.
* Supply chain operations, warehouse and logistics experience essential.
* Autonomy - experience of working under limited supervision
* Able to demonstrate project management and presentation skills
* Kaizen experience an advantage
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL:
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract TypePermanent (Full-Time)LocationGaydonWorking HoursJob TypeConsulting & Project ManagementShift RequirementDay time onlyCareer LevelProfessionalsRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredNo Business TravelReports toKris SneddonTravel ExtentNoneTarget Hire Date19/07/2018Work Permit RequiredYes