Business Development Executive - European Road Freight - Midlands
Title: Business Development Executive
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Package: GBP32,000 - GBP35,000 + car + uncapped commission
Mode 3 Executive Search has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join a thriving and highly ambitious privately owned road freight company based in the Staffordshire region. The business has gone from strength to strength in recent years and due to its ongoing success, is seeking to appoint an experienced and highly driven sales person.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be self motivated, target driven and hungry to succeed. The company has 20 years experience in Freight Forwarding and is well known its for its range of international road freight services.
This position will involve developing new business by approaching and meeting with both new and existing customers in the Midlands region, offering a range of import, export and express road freight services.
- To generate new sales, linked directly to the current business plan
- Focus and drive to achieve targets
- Concentrate on developing quality contracts rather than quantity
- Source your own business leads and act on those provided by Sales and Operations Colleagues as well as using other tools given
- To identify sales opportunities and effectively present key features of our services to secure new business
- Describe the product / service benefits and any special offers or promotions
- Gather and document information about the customer
- Customer Relationship Management - enter your notes into the database, including dates for follow up, visits etc. Ensure all client details are fully completed including marketing information.
- Take orders and arrange for the relevant operations person to make contact
- Work flexibly, in the office as well as attending client visits within the UK
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure client expectations are met at all times
- Work closely with other sales staff ensuring liaison regarding external visits in particular
- 2 - 5 years experience in selling European Road freight, either as an Operator / Account Manager or in Proactive Sales
- Experience of sales and market development
- Close liaison and working with team colleagues to achieve end goals
- Performing quotes, visits, follow-up calls and visits, client dispute resolution
- Tough negotiator
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion to establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received. For a confidential initial discussion prior to applying, please contact Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain & Logistics and the wider Global Transportation market, recruiting permanent positions from the operations desk to the boardroom. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals experienced in Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Forwarding, Supply Chain Management and Global Logistics.