Head of Shared Financial Services
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Shared Financial Services to join our Finance team in Tamworth.
Within this newly created role you will ensure the smooth integration of a shared services function to lead the accounts payable, cash & banking and credit control functions, ensuring robustly controlled processes whilst driving efficiency and quality improvements.
This is a high volume transactional environment, across > 300 sites in the UK and ROI.
- Leadership of the Credit Control, Accounts Payable and Cash & Bank teams, ensuring the effective operation of all associated financial processed
- Identify and deliver process improvements, driving a continuous improvement culture within the team
- Shape longer term strategy to deliver a cost effective function, including the appropriate balance of resource across the UK and India teams
- Business Partnering: Improve communication and understanding across the business on transactional processes and provide the necessary support to the Business Controllers whilst maintaining the relationship with key senior management
- Work with other functions in the business to deliver system and process changes
- Drive reduction in cash losses within the branch network
- Ensure full adherence to the internal control framework for the controls within the Credit Control, Accounts Payable and Cash & Banking processes
- Own relationships with third party providers of services for invoice processing, cash, cheque and credit card processing
- Lead efficiency initiatives and drive process improvements in the Finance Shared Services to ensure best practice within the department and ensure a continuous improvement culture
- Develop and produce consistent management information on performance
- Identify and implement changes to improve working capital
- Create and maintain all process workflow documentation for each of the processes in the Credit Control, Accounts Payable and Cash & Bank teams
- To lead and support the growing Shared Service team to ensure on going management and development of the team including training & mentoring department staff and ensuring appropriate prioritisation of day-to-day responsibilities
- Support all internal and external audit requirements; continuously work with external and internal audit to ensure an effective compliance and governance process; monitors progress, risks/issues/barriers and creates applicable mitigation strategies.
- Support and lead key projects as required
- Proven experience in managing transactional finance teams with high transaction volumes
- Experience in a multi-site environment handling cash
- Experience in a US-listed environment would be desirable
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to work with operational teams and influence change
- Customer focussed
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Driven by a desire to succeed and continually improve standards
- Experience in the set-up of a Shared Services centre would be desirable
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh AhluwaliaEuro Car Parts is part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualized turnover exceeding $5 billion worldwide and more than 30,000 employees across 7 countries.
Euro Car Parts employ 12,000 employees with over 300 branches, 14 hubs, 4 National Distribution Centres and our Head Office functions in both Wembley and our new premises in Tamworth, as well as Technical Sales Trainers and Specialist Teams.
We distribute parts for all makes of cars and light commercial vehicles and have over 140,000 different stocked part numbers, significantly exceeding our competitors. With turnover in excess of £1bn, the company is expanding rapidly across the UK and Europe, with acquisitions including Arleigh Group, Andrew Page and Team P R Reilly.
It’s passion, high energy, tenacity and a "will to win" are the driving force behind the astounding, yet consistent growth. At Euro Car Parts we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset. They make the difference between good and great.
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer;
- A highly competitive salary
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discounts for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3000 gyms in the UK
For more information or to arrange an informal discussion: Please email your CV directly to Sarah Grey
Due to the large volumes of CVs we are currently receiving we are unable to respond to each applicant individually.