European Trade Compliance Specialist
This division of a global business is looking to recruit an experienced Trade Compliance Specialist to ensure its UK and continental Europe locations are in full compliance with the import and export laws of the countries where they do business. Compliance with trade regulations will be achieved through a centralized process of classification, certification and verification of import/export activities.
The European Trade Compliance Specialist will ensure all European operations are fully compliant with import and export regulations for the EU countries where they do business. As part of their role they will:
•Design, implement and manage a robust customs compliance program for the European locations including completion of company’s Audit and Self-Assessment Program. Define responsibility for completion of activities for the European locations as it relates to EUROPEAN law and develop and define processes to perform these activities.
- Design and implement an ongoing training program on import/export awareness for European personnel, focusing on product and non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities, including, but not limited to AEO, ITAR, Routed Transactions and TOSCA.
- The European Trade Compliance Specialist will lead the implementation of the new AEO and maintain IPR certifications, UK and EU licenses, acts as a liaison with government agencies (ex ECO, HMRC, etc.) as it relates to customs matters.
- Effectively communicates and partners with all locations to review new and existing product and non-product transactions to identify the most efficient and effective flow paths and methods of moving material.
- Prioritizes resolution of risks and opportunities to minimize risk.
- Coordinate with the divisional Global Trade Compliance team to develop and maintain a Division wide import/export matrix to include classifications, license requirements and shipment restrictions.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for import and export activities in the areas of Compliance and Record keeping.
- Represent the business in dealings with customers, suppliers and governmental agencies.
- Functions as an Expert resource to divisional shipping locations in the area of import/export transactions, policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodic formal assessments of the EU and UK facilities of the Division to ensure that policies and procedures are properly followed and that all activities and transactions are in compliance with the appropriate import/export laws. Reports to Management on issues and opportunities and recommends solutions and project plans.
- Proactively work with the International Transportation Department, Corporate Compliance Personnel, BU Compliance Personnel and Customs Brokers to ensure an efficient and effective process for import/export activities. Continually analyse processes and procedures for opportunities to eliminate waste, streamline for efficiency, and utilization of emerging tools and technologies with a focus on customer satisfaction and cost containment while ensuring compliance with regulations. Gain expert understanding of business’s intermediary and anticorruption process and determine and manage intermediary relationships as deemed necessary.
- Effectively coordinate and collaborate import/export resources across all European locations to share best practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding mediating, negotiating and influencing skills,
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Background in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations required
- European/UK Customs certification
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop, and motivate
- Professional degree in Business or technical field or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience within a multi-site international manufacturing environment.