Finance Business Partner
Located in the Midlands this role will require frequent travel around the UK. The Finance Business Partner will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will work in partnership with the Head of Specialist Businesses , Specialist Business MDs and other members of the divisional management team. This newly created role will focus on analytical, commercial best practice, efficiencies and profit across the Specialist businesses.
- Providing meaningful financial analysis, input and advice to the management team and Group CFO on both operational issues and commercial decision-making; including completion and/or commercial review of pricing policy, all investment opportunities, business cases and capex requirements, and the subsequent tracking of costs and benefits.
- Providing such assistance to the Managing Director(s) as may reasonably be required to secure the orderly and profitable development of the business within the framework of business plans approved by the Board.
- Providing incisive and user-friendly management information and reporting to the Managing Director(s), the wider management team within the divisions(s) and Group management, identifying business implications in complex data or information.
- Interpreting variances and trends in financial data and relating these to operational performance making recommendations for action
- Helping to prepare the Division’s monthly trading updates and board reports.
- Co-ordinating the Division’s budget and forecast processes providing meaningful analysis and commentary to the Divisional management team and the Group finance department.
- Ensuring that a robust financial control environment exists at all times and that all systems and reporting operate to the highest standards with financial data accuracy being key.
- Working with the Managing Directors and divisional management in the development of pricing policies to deliver new business on acceptable commercial terms (including appropriate margin and risk evaluation).
- Working with the Managing Director(s) and the Group management team on wider business processes continually to seek and improve both operational efficiency and divisional profitability.
- Working with the Managing Director(s) to ensure adherence to/compliance with the company group policies and procedures relating to internal financial control, delegated authorities, contract approval process, bank mandates, etc.
- Ensure that a robust financial control infrastructure and environment exists at all times.
- Ensure that each operating unit is operating to the highest standards and its systems and reporting are consistent with wider Group policies and guidelines.
- You’ll have experience of sustaining profitability, quality and service standards using key performance indicators and ratios to identify potential issues before they materialise.
- You will be used to working closely with senior managers, to support and develop financial acumen through practical experience.
- Understands the key business drivers that contribute to value.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and understanding, without compromising financial conduct.
- Ensures that business opportunities are appropriately evaluated to minimise risk and sustain/improve profit margins.
- Develop close relationships with senior managers across the division and the Group to understand and contribute to general business issues.
- Help in setting stretch targets for the business whilst providing the right support and mentoring to attain them.
- Delivers insight into business experience through external experience and market-wide benchmarking and/or competitor analysis.
- Provides incisive and user-friendly management information, meaningful financial analysis, input and advice to divisional colleagues and senior management to assist with operational issues and commercial decision making.
- The financial expert but contributes across the whole business agenda in the development of strategy and policy across the full range of business issues, not just its financial dynamics.
- Can challenge senior managers to promote the best outcome for the company.
- Communicates positively to staff about agreed policies and changes.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting to Group finance within prescribed guidelines, establishing effective communications with Group finance and other senior financial colleagues within the Group.
- Displays well developed presentation and communication skills, verbally as well as numerically, with good report writing skills.
- Seeks clarification by testing understanding.
- Has an open and honest approach to ensure that the right messages are cascaded to the senior management team.
TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Holder of recognized accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA).
- Broad financial management background in a business-to-business multi-site (or similar) service organisation.
- Maintains and demonstrates financial awareness through current knowledge imparting an appreciation of the financial consequences flowing from commercial decisions, internal policy changes and other external factors.
- Has excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Uses personal and commercial credibility to influence at all levels and across all functions within the Company.
- Prioritizes successfully to identify and meet key issues and challenges.
- Can work in a deadline driven structured and methodical manner.
- Is willing and able to travel extensively as required.
- Displays the ability to challenge and "worry constructively" coupled with a positive change mentality.
- Deploys sharp and highly analytical mind to assimilate a large volume of data; swiftly and decisively identifying significant issues, trends, and actions required.
- Displays "Completer/finisher" mentality allied to strong project management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail whilst retaining the ability to see the wider business picture.
- Remains calm and focused under pressure.
- Keen interest in and understanding of business and commercial issues.
LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE SKILLS
- Acts as subject matter expert for MD’s and other senior colleagues.
- Grasps and directs meetings, communicating persuasively and effectively with colleagues.
- Displays honesty, openness and integrity with staff and colleagues.
- Praises co-worker’s achievements and is self-aware about own actions.
Takes on board new ideas that will benefit the company.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82191772