Production Team Leader
Our client based in Halesowen is currently recruiting for a Team Leader to work in their Production department, you will be working on rotating shifts 6-2/2-10. Proven experience within this type of environment is required along with a good knowledge of Health & safety and production processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Effectively supervise the section team to ensure that all duties are performed in a safe manner, in order to protect the individual and others in the area, in line with the Company Health and Safety procedure;
· Ensure the correct clothing is worn at all times, ie safety boots, uniform, PPE etc;
· To ensure that the production schedule is completed in the correct order;
· To ensure that all operations are completed following the laid down Company procedures;
· Ensure throughout the entire process that all paperwork reporting is completed at the correct checking point and duly signed;
· Control the receipt of all materials from suppliers that arrive in bulk tanker format for that particular area of operation;
· Actively pre-empt the prepared supply of raw materials, packaging, re-work etc, to the section;
· Fully investigate and provide information to the production manager and participate in all disciplinary and motivational meetings with the team;
· To assist the traffic marshall/gatehouse operative to ensure that salt grit has been spread across the necessary areas of the site during inclement weather for health & safety purposes;
· Undertake any other duties at the request of your Line Manager.
· To be aware of and maintain Health and Safety rules at all times, in line with company Health and Safety Policy. Ensure that sub-ordinates have received the relevant health and safety training required for their role.
The position is permanent after a 12 week temp to perm probationary period and the salary will rise to £25,000 after 6 months