We are recruiting an exciting Process Engineer position to work for a globally renowned Manufacturing business based Shrewsbury. After significant investment and an increasing global order book, my client is looking for a Process Engineer who has a strong Lean/CI toolkit, has monitored and managed cycle times, tact times and factory layout as well as communicating at all levels. In return the successful candidate will have full autonomy and a chance to shape strategic direction.
Our client is a market leading Global Manufacturer based in Shrewsbury. With an international scope and sites across the UK this is a chance to join a business who supply into a number of the world's leading OEM's. The role will offer full autonomy, the opportunity to shape strategic direction and make changes as the successful candidate sees fit.
Reporting into the MD, the role will look to challenge and develop a small team of engineers.
- Develop processes for new items
- Work with the Engineering & Production teams to identify new processes that will improve right first timeand reduce scrap reduction rates
- Study and propose productivity, quality and process improvements
- Support Kaizen (continuous improvement) activities, marketing and production planning
- Utilise Six Sigma tools and techniques to capture data and statistics to identify poor performance and implement best practices
- Research alternative production methods and equipment to help support the Production team and improve targets
- Audit and implement improvements for process controls
- Prepare data on a monthly basis by feeding back to the relevant departments to help improve performance and identify poor performing areas.
- Six Sigma accreditation would be advantageous
- Strong experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to measure cycle time, modify machine functions to meet specific item requirements, develop new machine process functions, troubleshoot and countermeasure both machinery and process problems and apply the Kaizen / Six Sigma mind-set to the production process
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and through written communication