Estimator required for a specialist groundworks company based in Oldbury. The role will be office-based preparing estimates for surfacing systems and groundworks. My client works for a range customers including large national contractors working in both the private and public sector. Having achieved steady growth over the past few years they are now looking to expand their Commercial department and looking for an experienced Estimator.
As an Estimator you would attend pre and post tender meetings and be involved within the whole process so at least 3 years' experience in a similar role is required. The ideal Estimator will have experience in asphalt or macadam and some experience of groundworks will be advantageous.
The role will incorporate managing relationships with designers, project managers, client teams and suppliers. There will also be an expectation that the successful candidate will liaise with clients, sub-contractors, suppliers, sub-consultants and in-house engineering design teams.
Estimator Position Overview
- Preparing of estimates for all types of Surfacing Systems, groundworks and maintenance works
- Analysis of engineering drawings
- Attending pre and post tender meetings/presentations
- Assessment of different options and solutions
- Material take-offs
Estimator Position Requirements
- A HNC/ HND / degree in Quantity Surveying / Built Environment or similar
- Good computer skills - in particular, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Some experience of an estimating software system and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with surfacing and /or groundworks
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent team player
Estimator Position Remuneration
- Salary £30K-£40k+
- Other Benefits to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.