Part-time Assistant Accountant
Accounts Assistant required for a part time long term temporary maternity cover based in Walsall with a view to starting immediately.
You will be reporting into the Finance Manager with a range of duties including:
- Accounts payable
- Seeking authorisation of invoices
- Payment runs
- Dealing with suppliers and statement reconciliations
- Assisting with credit control on approximately 100 live accounts
- Opening new accounts
- Credit checking
- Posting incoming cash and chasing outstanding debt
- Stock checking and reconciliation to trial balance
- Bank reconciliations
- Price variance analysis
- Accruals and prepayments
- Month end processes including reporting, preparation of journals and paying expenses
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or qualified by experience and available at short notice. You must have have strong Excel skills and previous experience using a computerised accounting system. You must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organisation and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Our client is a manufacturing business who supply to a range of customers. They offer a pleasant work environment and onsite parking and are looking for someone to work up to 30 hours per week but someone who would be flexible to cover holidays etc as and when needed.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82114874